From: "Kathy Szinnyey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 8:03 PM
Subject: Re: iloe mp3 player

Hi, Jean, Kurt, and all you other aspiring Ilo users out there!

First, Jean, I've not found it difficult to play even several books in the
Ilo 1 gig.  When you turn the Ilo on, the first thing that comes up for me
are my files, and when I press play, the first file starts playing.  I have
several books and songs in there, and I can easily go from track to track.
Unfortunately, if you've had the Ilo off for awhile, it's been my experience
that it does take you back to the beginning of the tracks, whether they be
books, songs, whatever, and that can be a pain if you're listening to a long
book.  I think you have to buy higher-end devices to be able to get that
wonderful feature, like the Bookport has, of stopping your book where you
left it.

I'm sending along a couple of things that might be helpful to you all, and
I'll be glad to help if I can also.

Below is the information from Overdrive, a service similar to Net Library.
I'm just gpoing to paste in their Accessibility Guide.

You can also go to

blindcooltech.com

and get a couple of little tutorials on how to sync your device with Windows
Media Player and how to download books from Net Library, both done by our
good pal Larry Skutchan.  When you go to blindcooltech.com, look for the
links, How to Put Protected WMA Content onto Your MP3 Player
and Net Library.

Okay, here's the write-up from Overdrive:

 Page 1 of 7

OverDrive® Audio BooksT
Accessibility Guide

November 15, 2004

This document presents basic instructions for using the accessibility
features implemented in OverDrive Media Console.

Contents.

Requirements.
Hotkeys.
How to Download an Audio Book.
How to Play and Navigate an Audio Book.
How to Burn an Audio Book to CD using Windows Media Player 9.
How to Burn an Audio Book to CD using Windows Media Player 10.
How to Transfer an Audio Book to a Portable Device using Windows

Media Player 9.
How to Transfer an Audio Book to a Portable Device using Windows
Media Player 10.

Requirements.

. PC running Microsoft Windows® 98 Second Edition, Windows
2000, Windows Millennium Edition (ME), or Windows XP.
. OverDrive Media ConsoleT (download).
(http://www.overdrive.com/mediaconsole/download.asp).
. Windows Media® Player Series 9 or newer (download).
(http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/default.
aspx).
. An Internet connection, preferably broadband.
. Access to an OverDrive Audio Books enabled Library or Retail
Outlet.

OverDrive is a registered trademark of OverDrive, Inc.
Microsoft, Windows, and Windows Media are either registered trademarks or
trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other
countries.

Copyright ©2004 OverDrive, Inc. November 15, 2004

 Page 2 of 7

Hotkeys.

The following hot keys and key combinations may be used to control
OverDrive Media ConsoleT:

Download Parts: Ctrl+D
Play/pause: Ctrl+P
Transfer/burn: Ctrl+T
Delete: Del
Properties: Alt+Enter
Help: F1
Exit: Alt+F4

The following hot keys and key combinations may be used to control
the OverDrive Media ExplorerT Window:

Play/pause: Ctrl+P
Stop: Ctrl+S
Previous Part: Ctrl+Shift+Left
Next Part: Ctrl+Shift+Right
Previous MediaMarkerT: Ctrl+Left
Next MediaMarker: Ctrl+Right
Mute/sound: F8
Volume Down: F9
Volume Up: F10
Play Speed Slow, 0.6 times normal: Ctrl+1
Play Speed Normal: Ctrl+2
Play Speed Fast, 1.4 times normal: Ctrl+3
Play Speed Faster, 2 times normal: Ctrl+4
Play Speed Fast Forward, 5 times normal: Ctrl+5
Skip Back 15 Seconds: Ctrl+Shift+B
Resume from Furthest Played Point: Ctrl+Shift+F
Add Bookmark: Ctrl+B
Launch Windows Media Player: Ctrl+W
Help: F1
Close Window: Esc

Copyright ©2004 OverDrive, Inc. November 15, 2004

 Page 3 of 7

How to Download an Audio Book.

1. Select the 'Download' link for your audio book after purchasing or
checking the title out.
OverDrive Media Console will open and prompt you for a
download location for your audio files.
2. Select 'OK'.
By default your audio book will be stored in a folder with the same
title as the book, in My Documents\My Media\.
3. Select the parts you want to download.
By default, all files that haven't been downloaded are selected.
Parts may be selected or unselected by selecting a part and
pressing the spacebar.
4. Click 'OK'.
Depending on the file size and the number of parts to be
downloaded, you may have to wait several minutes.
How to Play and Navigate an Audio Book.

1. Select the title you'd like to hear and press Ctrl+P.
OverDrive Media Explorer opens and begins playing the book.
2. Use the up and down arrow keys to access individual parts or
chapters.
3. Press the Tab key to access the OverDrive MediaMarkers.
MediaMarkers take you directly to specific points within the book.
4. Navigate the MediaMarkers using the up and down arrow keys.
Copyright ©2004 OverDrive, Inc. November 15, 2004

 Page 4 of 7

How to Burn an Audio Book to CD using
Windows Media Player 9.

1. In OverDrive Media Console, select a book and press Ctrl+T.
Windows Media Player opens.
2. Turn off skin mode, if necessary, by pressing Ctrl+1. You may
stop playback at this point by pressing Ctrl+S.
3. Press the Tab key to navigate to the 'Copy to CD or Device'
button. Press the Space bar to access the 'Copy to CD or Device'
interface.
4. Use the Tab key and the Up and Down Arrows to highlight the
part(s) to be burned to CD. Press the Space bar to select the part.
5. Place a blank CDR in your CD-ROM drive.
6. Press Alt+C to add the part(s) to the list of files to be burned to
disc.
Windows Media Player will inspect, convert, and temporarily copy
the file in preparation for burning. This process may take a few
minutes. As long as the 'Stop Copy' button is available, the burn
is in progress.
7. When the burning process is complete, Windows Media Player
will eject the disc and the 'Stop Copy' button will revert to 'Copy'.
Copyright ©2004 OverDrive, Inc. November 15, 2004

 Page 5 of 7

How to Burn an Audio Book to CD using
Windows Media Player 10.

1. In OverDrive Media Console, select a book and press Ctrl+T.
Windows Media Player opens.
2. Turn off skin mode, if necessary, by pressing Ctrl+1. You may
stop playback at this point by pressing Ctrl+S.
3. Press Alt+V followed by G, then L to access the Media Library.
4. Place a blank CDR in your CD-ROM drive.
5. Press Alt+B.
The burning process will begin.
6. When burning is complete, the discs will be automatically ejected.
You will be prompted to insert additional discs as necessary.
Copyright ©2004 OverDrive, Inc. November 15, 2004

 Page 6 of 7

How to Transfer an Audio Book to a Portable
Device using Windows Media Player 9.

1. In OverDrive Media Console, select a book and press Ctrl+T.
Windows Media Player opens.
2. Turn off skin mode, if necessary, by pressing Ctrl+1. You may
stop playback at this point by pressing Ctrl+S.
3. Press the Tab key to navigate to the 'Copy to CD or Device'
button. Press the Space bar to access the 'Copy to CD or Device'
interface.
4. Ensure that your portable device is connected to your computer.
5. Select your portable device in the 'Items on Device' combo box.
6. Use the Tab key and the Up and Down Arrows to highlight the
part(s) to be transferred. Press the Space bar to select the part.
7. Press Alt+C to transfer the files.
This process may take a few minutes. As long as the 'Stop Copy'
button is available, the transfer is in progress.
8. When the transfer is complete, the 'Stop Copy' button will revert
to 'Copy'.
Please note: If you are using a Pocket PC, you need to have a
memory card with sufficient memory space installed in order to transfer
audio book files from your PC to your PDA.

Copyright ©2004 OverDrive, Inc. November 15, 2004

 Page 7 of 7

How to Transfer an Audio Book to a Portable
Device using Windows Media Player 10.

1. In OverDrive Media Console, select a book and press Ctrl+T.
Windows Media Player opens.
2. Turn off skin mode, if necessary, by pressing Ctrl+1. You may
stop playback at this point by pressing Ctrl+S.
3. Press Alt+V followed by G, then L to access the Media Library.
4. Ensure that your portable device is connected to your computer.
5. Press Alt+Y.
The transfer process will begin.
Please note: If you are using a Pocket PC, you need to have a
memory card with sufficient memory space installed in order to transfer
audio book files from your PC to your PDA.

Copyright ©2004 OverDrive, Inc. November 15, 2004

Kathy Szinnyey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
or