On Sat, 20 May 2006 14:05:40 -0700, you wrote:

>I currently have a shoutcast server and plug in on my system and use Winamp
>and/or OTSDJ as my broadcasting program.  I have a static IP address through
>Dearfield.  Well, the other day, I logged onto my station and let it run while
>I was at work.  I work for a state agency and they have all internet radio and
>television sites blocked, meaning I cannot access my internet station at work.
>

>Strangely enough though, I can access regular radio stations, such as KFI AM,
>KABC AM, and regular FM stations around the country.  My agency seems to have
>blocks anything with the word "Audio" in it.  Is there a way around this
>delima?

First off, what makes you think they have anything with the word
"audio" in it blocked?  Second, if your stream has the word "audio" in
it and you really think it's blocked because of that, change the name.
Third, in all likelihood, the stations you can hear are probably using
RealPlayer which may not be blocked, while the http protocol using
ports above 1024 is.

>Secondly:  With Winamp, Real Player, or Windows Media Player, or OTSDJ, can
>they be installed on a web site and can the servers (Shoutcast) be set up on
>the site.  How would one get the music from one's harddrive to the players.
>If this could be done, could the station play all day without worry?

Huh?  What exactly did you just ask?  It doesn't make a bit of
difference where any of the components--Shoutcast server, stream
generator, media source, web server--are, as long as they have access
to each other on your local network through the use of network mapping
or mapped drives.  This is not an audio issue.

>I see regular radio stations with their web sites and play ability.  Am I
>whistling dixie or can I set up my radio station on one of my web sites and
>access it from my desktop?  Furthermore, can I give my station a regular link,
>such as a www.xxx.com/listen.pls and have people link to it without setting
>off their agencies filter brush?

You can if you register a domain of your own or use the reverse-lookup
address you currently have.  You can get your reverse-lookup address
probably from the web page of your service provider, or if not, just
send yourself an email message and look at its headers when it
arrives.  For instance, I just looked at the header of your message
and found the following:

This tells you your machine name but not its registered domain name,
which means it probably doesn't have one.  Earthlink is famous for
this.  You now have to go and register, for the princely sum of about
fifteen dollars a year, your preferred domain name--jardata.com, for
example--and point it to that address.  Earthlink may even have a deal
and do this for you for a price--a small one, I hope--after which you
may have a domain name that could possibly look like
jardata.earthlink.net.

But you really don't need any of this. Just use the raw address as
shown above.

Hope this helps.