Thank you for your response.  I have another question.  What is the
difference between ripping and burning?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Minor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 24, 2006 4:18 AM
Subject: RE: Very Basic Question from a Beginner

Hi.

If you want to play the CD in any player, you'll need to burn it as an audio
CD.  Many of the new players do have the capability of playing mp3 CDs, but
not all do.  Essentially there are two kinds of CDs, audio and data discs.
Audio CDs hold up to 80 minutes of music and can be played in all CD
players.  Data CDs are ones that will hold up to 700 MB of data on them.  In
terms of mp3 files, this is about 12 hours of listening.  The catch is that
you won't be able to play them on some CD players.  I'm not familiar with
what Windows media will let you burn, so I don't know if you can make a data
CD with it or not.

Hope that helps.  If you have any questions let me know.

Kevin Minor

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we