Hi All.

Okay, here's a strange one; maybe someone else has experienced this.  I now use
Winamp for all of my ripping needs, as well as most of my audio burning (I'm
now using CDRWin for data burning since Easy CD Creator is no longer
accessible.).  Ever since the 5.2 series came out, I've had a rather strange
problem.  Often, when I put in an audio CD to play, the whole system will
freeze up if I load it in Winamp...Then, when I reboot, it tells me that XP has
recovered from a "serious crash", and asks if I want to submit an error report.
 When I do, it says an undertermined driver caused the problem.  Then,
occasionally whenI'm ripping, after a few CD's, Winamp will give an error
saying it needs to close...When I submit the error report to Microsoft, it
claims NullSoft has created an update which will fix the error, and gives me a
link to click...This simply takes me to the page to download the newest version
of the player, which is what I have.

I have two CD/DVD drives, one of which is my burner.  It doesn't matter which
drive I use; this can happen with either one.  The odd part is that I have no
problem burning...Also, when I play a CD in another program such as Windows
Media Player, I have no problems.  I simply prefer Winamp and find it much more
full-featured and easier to use.

Like I said, I've only encountered this problem since I upgraded to version
5.21; I'm on 5.24 now.

Anyone else having this problem, or know of a patch I can download?  It's a
really irritating thing to have to deal with...Plus, when Winamp crashes, it
locks the CD drive up, so I have to reboot just to be able to eject.  Usually,
if I put the disc back in and re-do my rip, it works just fine...Winamp never
gives me problems, like I said, when I'm burning CD's or playing files from my
hard drive...It's only when I'm popping in a CD to play, or on occasion when
I'm ripping...And it doesn't happen every time.  With the problem when playing,
sometimes I can load three or four CD's before I have a problem.  With ripping,
sometimes I can go through twenty with no problems, but then the next three
will give me trouble.

Very strange...Any help would be appreciated.

Wes

----
Are you interested in a more healthy, environmentally friendly home? Interested
in a potential home-based business with no selling involved? Click Here for
more information.

Visit Designs By Derby for scrapbooks, custom greeting cards, and much more.

Visit me on Myspace