From: Lynn Schneider [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 11 September 2006 12:00 p.m.
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: Realplayer, to install or not to install

Having a very strong interest in hurricanes and severe weather events, I
would like to take advantage of the live coverage from
http://www.hurricanecity.com.  However, this requires that I install Real
Player on my PC.  Considering the fact that the installation of Real Player
on my previous home PC messed my system up terribly, and the fact that I
just watched the installation of Real Player wreck several PC's at work
recently, I'm not feeling very good about trying it on this new and very
well-functioning PC.  Is there anything I can do to avoid the intrusiveness
of this program, the spyware it installs on your PC and its tendency to just
muck things up horribly?  I am wondering specifically about Real
Alternative, although the research I have done shows that this program does
not do streaming audio, which is what I would need for Hurricane City.
Actually, since Florence is going to hit Bermuda soon and I would hate like
heck to miss a good hurricane, I would appreciate any help with this ASAP.
If I did have to install RP, is there anything I can do to keep it from
causing mayhem on my system?

This list is a service of MosenExplosion.com. To see what other lists we