HI bob,

Are you sure jfw7.1 doesn't use  jfw.ini?  I'm using jaws7.1 and below are
the contents of my jfw.ini file which is found in my "C:\Program
Files\Freedom Scientific\JAWS\7.10" directory
*** start of jfw.ini file ***

[Options]
;  If FirewallCheck is set to 1, JAWS will attempt to check if a firewall
;  application is running by prematurely triggering the firewall when
;  JAWS starts.  This setting is off by default and is ignored when JAWS
;  is set to run at Windows startup.
FirewallCheck=0
;  If AutoUpdatesEnabled is set to 1, the you can query for JAWS updates
;  from the main menu.
AutoUpdatesEnabled=1
;  Source path of the Automatic Updates Dll.  Multiple paths are delimited
;  by a semi-colon.
UpdateDllSource=ftp://ftp.FreedomScientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/Au
toUpdate/JAWSUpdate.dll;http://files.freedomscientific.com/WebFiles/AutoUpda
te/JAWSUpdate.dll
AskRunJAWSFirst=0
[Synthesizers]
Synth1Name=eloq
Synth1LongName=Eloquence Software
Synth1Port=SoundMAX Digital Audio
Synth1Driver=eloq
Synth2Name=NoSpeech
Synth2LongName=No Speech
Synth2Driver=nospeech
Synth3Name=SAPI 5X
Synth3LongName=SAPI 5
Synth3Driver=sapi5x
[Remote Access]
MicrosoftVirtualDriver=1
UseVirtualSpeech=1
UseVirtualBraille=1

*** end of jfw.ini file ***

David Truong

E-mail and MS messenger:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Skype:  blindboxer1967

Home Page:  http://members.optusnet.com.au/davidtruong/