----- Original Message -----
From: "Dana S. Leslie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Adrian,

I recommend disabling the Realplayer Message Center. Unfortunately, I
disabled mine so long ago, I don't remember how I did it. But, in the
Preferences tree view, scroll down to Message center, and see what you can
find about disabling it.

In the main player window, in the View menu pull-down, make sure Normal mode
is checked, and everything else is unchecked.

I recommend using RP for ONLY those media types that will not play in WMP or
Winamp. So, under the Media Types section of preferences, make sure that
only Real Media types are checked. But, unfortunately, since the media types
selection list is largely inaccessible, you will either need sighted
assistance for this, or you will have to go through the complicated
procedure that Gene asner has outlined elsewhere. (Let me know if you need
me to go through this for you.)

Finally, I don't recommend using RP's My Library. Any Real Media on your
hard drive, you can browse to, right click on, and, from there, choose Play,
burn, or whatever you wish. As for Real Media streams, the Favorites menuing
system within RP, is quite accessible, and I recommend using it in
preference to any of the stream selection methods built into RP. Indeed, you
can copy RP favorites from where they are stored on your hard drive, to some
more convenient folder, and use them whenever you want to listen to an RM
stream, rather than starting RP, clicking on Favorites, etc. If you just
click on the Favorites shortcut, wherever you have moved it to, it will
automatically start RP with the relevant stream playing. Then, you only need
ctrl-P and ctrl-S, to pause or stop the stream, respectively.

Well, that ought to be enough to get you started. Let me know if you have
any specific problems.

Blessed Be,

Dana

D. S. Leslie, née C. R. Guttman