Ok, well if I could just put my 2 cents worth in here regarding Sound
Forge.
Now I'm not speaking on behalf of JFW here as I mainly use Window-
Eyes but for anyone to say that Sound Forge isn't accessible with
Window-Eyes may not  know a few little tweeks that make Sound Forge
very accessible under Window-Eyes and I suspect may make Sound Forge
quite accessible with JFW.
Firstly, many  of the track bars and slider controls can be accessed
easily by turning on Window-Eye's ""speak all" command when you get
to the trackbar or slider in question,turn "speak all" on and move
the cursor keys, see what happens, when you've finished your
ajustment, turn "speak all" off again. I think JFW has a similar "say
all" command so that may work.
I use Sound Forge 8.0 without any set files here, only things I
cannot read are the level meters but I set all that up through the
play and recording volume controls to 0DB so the meters don't mean
much to me anyway.
Another thing which I found helpful, the screen shots as shown in the
Sound Forge 8.0 manual are shown on the page as you'll find them if
you move around say the screen of the "normalise" function as
described in the manual.