-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vivien Palcic
Sent: Tuesday, June 26, 2007 2:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: Problems downloading and installing Skype

Hi everyone,

I have been trying since yesterday to download and install Skype
3.2.0.163 from the Skype website; but as with numerous previous
occasions of trying to obtain past versions from this site, I have
repeatedly run into the same problem. After choosing to save the file
(from within the file download dialog) and picking the folder to save it
in and pressing Space on Save etc, hardly any time passes before I get
the audible tone and also the dialog showing 100% as though the download
were complete. When I try to run the file, I then get an Internet
security dialog telling me the publisher could not be verified, and when
I try to go ahead and run it any way, it then says the file
skypesetup.exe is not a valid win32 application (and there's an OK
button to get out of the dialog). I tried downloading it from
www.majorgeeks.com but the first few times I wasn't even getting a file
download dialog to enable me to choose to save the file and where to
save it etc, and when I finally did get one, I got the same result, but
on that site version 3.2.0.163 is still listed as a Beta. Any
suggestions/help greatly appreciated. I'm using Jaws 8.0 and Win XP
Home.

Regards
Vivien