Chris,

One downside to Real Music Player and Rapsody is that your tracks come
in a proprietary format identified as .rax.  Someone on this list or
perhaps it was on another list, indicated that actually the .rax file
isn't a real music file, but is a pointer to a site on the internet
where the music streams from/through.

If you want to "use" your purchased file, you will need to use the
burner in Real Player to burn the .rax file to a music cd.  It's not the
easiest device to use, but it isn't the worst either.  Once you have the
music on a playable cd, you can re-rip the music to whatever format you
wish.  However, as this is a compression after decompression of a
compressed file, you may have some loss of quality.

You should also be able to transfer your .rax files to many different
.mp3 players including most Ipods directly from Real Player.  I haven't
had a lot of luck doing this, but I haven't spent a lot of time trying
to figure it out either.

If you go the Real Music Store route, it is probably worth paying the
one time fee for the plus version of Real Player.  There is a very good
normalization feature and the ability to print jewel case inserts and
some other features that come in the plus version.  I think it cousts
around $19.99.

Please let me know if you have other questions.

Clifford