From: "Steve Matzura" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "PC audio discussion list. " <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 7:10 AM
Subject: Re: gotta utorrent question

Hi, Nick:   I wanna order a pizza to go and no anchovies.

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 01:54:29 -0400, you wrote:

>It took a while but I finally managed to get utorrent ta work.  Only
>problem
>is that when using it on my DSL connection it slows it down to almost the
>speed of a dial-up modem and I'm not sure why. When I uninstalled it I got
>speeds for both downloading and uploading that are the correct one's for a
>DSL setup.  What do I have to do in utorrent to make the speeds stay at the
>proper setting without slowing everything down to a crawl?

This is typical Bit Torrent behavior.  The idea is, you get a trickle
download, but from many sources simultaneously. It sounds like
whatever you are downloading, there aren't too many sources for it.
Bit Torrent works on the one-to-many peer-to-peer system, the more
clients, the merrier.

HTH