I actually did this once with Gold Wave.  I didn't think the file would even
open, but it did.  I then just saved it as an mp3.  It converted and played
just fine.  I even burned it to an audio cd.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Kane Brolin
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 5:47 PM
To: Blind iPod Mailing List; PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Converting WMV Files to iPod Friendly Format

This is related somewhat to my prior post, about a Quicktime .MOV file
that would not convert to any other format using SoundTaxi.

I found the same podcast I wanted, except with episodes delivered via
Juice in a .WMV format (used for Windows movies).  SoundTaxi this time
didn't even think about converting this to an MP3 or MP4 format, and
it occurs to me that this is probably because SoundTaxi is in essence
an audio program that probably cannot handle video or movie files of
any kind.  This time the error message spoke of "format mismatch."

Is this true?  If so, is there a similar but more advanced type of
conversion program that can take a movie file in one format
(compatible with Windows Media Player, Real Media, etc.) and convert
it into something the iPod will accept and play?

Thanks,

-Kane