HI all,

I'm using Sound Forge 8 and I'm noticing a distinct little popping and
crackling when I raise the volume on my audio files. That is, I have either
a .wav or .ogg file and run it through Sound Forge's volume raising utility,
and I choose the 200% boost because I don't know how to customize this
boosting setting, and I save the file as .ogg. I then listen to the original
file really loud and compare it to the file with the volume I just raised,
and I find that the second file has this staticky sound at certain parts of
the file that are not present in the original file. The static seems to be
most pronounced when there are lots of loud things happening at the same
time, or when a single sound is very loud as in the event of an audio
explosion in a movie and so on. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated as
I don't want to keep wasting so much time processing files with so much
crackling.

thanks,
Matthew