From: "Lynn Schneider" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 12:06 PM
Subject: Making two audio sources come through one pair of headphones

I am a medical transcriptionist and a co-worker confided in me recently that
my screen reader's chattering was making her crazy. She is not a
transcriptionist, but we work in a small office and I try to keep my volume
down as low as I can.  I also turn my typing echo off to minimize the
chatter, but it is only when I am proofreading something that Jaws really
needs to chatter.  In reality, although I did not say this to her, actually
her and others' chattering, combined with the copy machine, phones ringing,
doors opening and closing, etc. makes it difficult for me to hear Jaws and
my doctors' dictation, which is why I often have to increase the volume on
my computer. I realize that I need to take ownership of this problem and
solve it immediately for all concerned.  Is there a way that I can have the
volume from my computer and my transcriber machine come out of one set of
headphones?  I had a Y cable which made one source come out of one ear and
one out of the other, but I found that totally unpleasant and unacceptable.
I am willing to spend whatever amount of money it takes to fix this.  Any
help with this problem would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Lynn