Hi Dane:

Thanks for the hand holding.  I think I am almost there, but do have one
more question:

The Imic I have does indeed have the USB connector;  then it has a rather
long cord, don't know exact measurement; this connects to what I am assuming
is th speaker to which a one-eighth inch audio plug is connected and two
females at the end.  It does sem to have come with a CD-ROM, perhaps
containing installation software which I may not need under Widnows XP.

I suppose what I need to know is whether to connect the female plugs to a
speaker; does the sound come out externally or would I need an earphone to
hear its sound?

Sorry, I may not have asked the question correctly, but hopefully I did come
close to making sense.  Looking forward to reading your helpful response!!

Sincerely,
Olusegun