Hope the subject line is clear, and apols to those who may be on both
lists for cross-posting.

I've been told the MP4 format - or the audio part of the standard - is
supposed to be better than MP3 both in terms of file size and the
sound quality achievable with a lossy format.  Can anyone comment on
this?

Also, I'd like to know if there are any shareware or reasonably priced
converters around, either as stand alone converters or as part of
audio editors.

Any comments welcome as I'm feeling a little out of my depth here.

Many thanks.

>From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]