Hi:

Sdhc cards   are re-writeable,  as per their shelf life I do
not  know how  long that would be.   I guess that depends
on  how  often   they are   repeatively written upon.  I  have an 8
gig  card, and I've yet to have  fully filled it up to where
I  needed and had no room to use the memory.    Perhaps I'll max  out
at a  16 gig card for sake of selfish greede, oopz I
mean   convenience.   Remember these  players will also store and
play back og vorbus files allowing for    maximal  storage and sound quality.

Jeff