This list, along with Blindtech, started out in the stable of Jonathan
Mosen.
And up until the last year or so, the lists went in tandem through a
number of managers, including Jonathan for a 2nd time.
Last year, Tom took this list and BlindTech went its separate way.
As for the rule, Jonathan wanted to steer clear of possible conpyright
infringements occurring via the list; hence, the rule on music.
I doubt that he had ever envisioned the particular direction this
particular thread has tkaen.
I personally don't have a feeling on this; but perhaps Tom needs to think
this one over and decide whether where one can legally find particular
music (or lyrics) is on or off topic.
Finding hard to get songs from 3rd party sources could help a lot of folks
out particularly in gift giving season.