-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Larry N
Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2007 2:20 PM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Problem with audio muting at random

Hi. I have a problem with my sound card muting all audio, seemingly at
random. Everything looks normal on the computer but there is no sound. And
if I open up Sounds and Audio devices, everything shows as muted.

This problem can happen once and then not happen again for 3 months or it
can happen 2 days in a row while I'm in the middle of work. So far, there's
no rhyme or reason for this anomaly.

My question then? Aside from trusting Windows to maintain a given audio
setting, might there be software that forces audio to assume certain
settings upon rebooting? Failing that, could I somehowe save a given audio
configuration to the desktop, one thatI could locate and press to force my
audio settings to take effect? This is an extremely random problem, so I
would like a method of countering it while I try to figure out what's
causing it.

Thanks for any ideas.

Larry