-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Richard Godfrey-McKay
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2008 3:27 PM
To: PC Audio list
Subject: SIGMATEL PROBLEMS ON DELL LAPTOP

HI, I've been having problems recording using audacity and Sigmatel on my
Dell XPS M1210 dell laptop.  Audacity records the source, but there's what I
gather is called a "noise gate".  The effect is that certain quiet sounds
are missed.

Help please.

Richard Godfrey-McKay
Tel: (01738) 445 880
Mobile: (07791) 452 593

Please read this special message

My partner, Cindy, is losing weight and at the same time, raising money for
RNIB.

Please go to

 <http://www.justgiving.com/slimmercindy> www.justgiving.com/slimmercindy

 to make a generous donation to RNIB and keep her healthy and motivated to
lose even more weight.42Lb to
date!

Thanks for reading this message.
Richard