Right point taken, actually I've found the best noise reduction to be
with Adobe Audition but each to their own, the one you can buy as an
"add-on" for Total Recorder isn't too bad, very good value for money.

On 18/09/2008, at 5:48 PM, Marijan Janev wrote:

> Dane,
> The bilt-in noise reduction in the last versions of goldwave is better
> and better, but it's not as good as SF noise reduction yet. I was
> surprised how good sounds a file after using the GW bilt-in noise
> reduction in 5.25 when I hherd for a first time.
> I don't know how to use Total recorder noise reduction in goldwave
> yet.
> Or you think to use it in total recorder itself??? In that case, I
> tried
> to use it several time in TR but I wasn't satisfied with the results.
>
> Dane Trethowan said the following on 17.09.2008 18:32:
>> I'm yet to have my question answered (or perhaps it can't be answered
>> <smile>) why isn't the built-in Sound Noise Reduction in Goldwave
>> good
>> enough? I've not tried it so I'm not going to pass judgement.
>>
>> Secondly, there are other noise reduction plug-ins around if the
>> Goldwave facility is just oh! so! bad, perhaps you may wish to point
>> your browser to http://www.totalrecorder.com and trial the one on
>> offer there? Certainly! (as far as I know) its a damn lot cheaper
>> than
>> the Sound Forge Noise Reduction plug-in, you'll have no trouble using
>> this at all with Goldwave should you have to.
>>

> Jonathan Mosen List Founder

Dane Trethowan
 From Melton Victoria Australia
mailto:Dane Trethowan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
phone +61 3 9005 8589
Fax/TTY +61 3 9743 7954
mobile/sms: +614 418 773 532
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]