The GW noise reduction facility is good if used properly, honest! You
can use a similar facility in GW as SF for sampling noise if you copy
it to the clip board first, and make sure it is long enough, and it
only contains noise. Then, it will work fine! You must copy only
noise to the clip board, or you're going to screw yourself, even if
there is a little bit of content you've copied by accident which is
not noise but audio you do not want handled by the filter. Remember,
the sample must contain ONLY the sound you wish to be gone, and
nothing else, period, exclamation. :)

Curtis Delzer.