From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Pam Drake
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 11:00 AM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: Asking For An Explanation Of .m3u Files

I don't completely understand the function and purpose of these files.
When I have wished to download audio files from such places as ACB
Radio's Main Menu and other sources I have not been able to retrieve an
actual file, even with the "save as" option.  It's my understanding that
each time I access a link with this extension the computer is connecting
to the server where the files are stored.  I ask myself what would
happen if I wanted to access a file which has been removed.  Would I
need to capture the material with Replay or Total Recorder, or is there
a way to retrieve and store the actual data on my own hard drive?
I haven't looked at the new Main Menu site, but even if files can be
directly retrieved from there I would like a more complete explanation
of .m3u files.  Are these play lists?

Thanks as always in advance.

Pam

Jonathan Mosen List Founder