In case you're still looking for this, I use Mp3 Direct Cut, which is free
and does a great job of splitting files into any desired length of segments.
Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Jason Boston
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:21 AM
To: 'PC Audio Discussion List'
Subject: Auto splitting of audio files (goldwav or another program)

Hi all,
Does anyone know of a good freeware program that will automatically
split audio files into equal parts? I like the option of by time or
number of parts.  I have goldwav, but I see no way to have goldwav  mark
the file into equal parts and then split into individual files. I know I
can manually mark the points in which to split, but I have several files
I wish to split into about 100 parts and don't want to manually mark all
of those.

Thanks,
Jason

Jonathan Mosen List Founder