For format conversion, some people swear by a free web-based converter,

http://www.zamzar.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Ray
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:54 AM
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: RE: dasy software packages?

Thanks Dean for putting me right about the Book wizzard Producer.  I presume
there's an evaluation download of it, but will go and take a look on A P H's
site.

I imagine something like easy CD extracter might be good for the format
sample rate conversion work, though not used it myself as yet.

Ray.

dean martineau wrote:
You will not be able to do all you want to do with one package, and you will
have to do some work.  For instance, if your player doesn't handle certain
formats, you'll have to convert them using some other means.

Book Wizard Producer from American Printing House coxsts $200.00 US.

If you're willing to read its pretty straightforward manual, some, though
not all, of what you want to do you can do free with the Daisy Book
Generator, available from

http://jaapvanlelieveld.xs4all.nl/daisy.htm

Basically, you put mp3 files into a folder, run this free program from the
context menu for the folder, and it converts the folder contents into a
Daisy book which you can then load onto your player.  I have been turning
podcasts and mp3 audio files into Daisy books with this for my player with
great success.

Dean

Jonathan Mosen List Founder

Jonathan Mosen List Founder