The double layered ones are twice as expensive and also you need to make
sure your burner can do that. Now all burners won't do double density so
this is really important to check. If your manual says double you will be
good to go but they are expensive so plan on that.

On 2/13/2009 at 3:39 PM Donald L. Roberts wrote:

>I have been using 4-gig DVDs for backups of audio files.
>But lately I have begun to wonder if the double layer DVDs
>might be just about as economical.  Additionally, can anyone
>point me to any articles comparing the long term reliability
>of single layer versus double layer DVDs?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Don Roberts
>

>Jonathan Mosen List Founder
>Audio List Help, Guidelines, Archives and more...
>http://www.pc-audio.org
>pc-audio-unsubscr...@pc-audio.org

             Please Join Me from 9 to midnight Eastern Each Saturday for djc's
Jukebox on either:
http://ultrastreams.us:9660 Or http://sc8.spacialnet.com:22734/

Jonathan Mosen List Founder