Hi Tim,

I've been using the DS-50 for over a year. The speaker is fine, but you need to place the recorder very close to the person who is speaking into it.

I use it primarily for having people give me their contact info, and then put the info on my Braille Lite.

Once in awhile, I use it to get main points from a lecture, but the quality isn't as great.

        Good luck, and feel free to contact me off-list.

                                Audrey

Jonathan Mosen List Founder