I've never owned a DS50 but aren't there two or three different sensitivity
settings on it?  I believe there's a "conference mode" as well as dictation
and possibly one other.

Ray.

audrey levine wrote:
Hi Tim,

        I've been using the DS-50 for over a year.  The speaker is fine, but
you need to place the recorder very close to the person who is
speaking into it.

        I use it primarily for having people give me their contact info, and
then put the info on my Braille Lite.

        Once in awhile, I use it to get main points from a lecture, but the
quality isn't as great.

        Good luck, and feel free to contact me off-list.

                                Audrey

Jonathan Mosen List Founder

Jonathan Mosen List Founder