To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:50 AM
Subject: Re: Dumb Question

I use a little freebee called Stream Ripper for Winamp. After you install it, it always comes up when you start Winamp but it isn't running--just ready for you. You first get the stream started and then use your screen reader's systray access. You'll find stream ripper for winamp in the list. Just do a single right click on it. You'll get a pop up list and it is very easy to use. It just has start ripping, stop ripping and exit. It also has a settings or maybe its called options that you can use to select the destination folder to put the ripped files into (called output directory) You can also select never overwrite partial which I would select because if the stream is interrupted it will overwrite what you already have when it resumes. With this checked, it just keeps making separate files so you'll have a recording of everything you heard. Hope this helps.

B B

Roger

Kris Hickerson wrote:
Hi All,

Ok, I know most of you do this all the time, but I have never had the need to record streaming audio before. What program is best to use, and do you start recording and then bring up your stream or exactly what do you do first so as not to miss any part of the audio but not record a bumch of meaningless stuff you don't want.

I'm sure this is not at all difficult, and I know it seems pretty elementary to most of you. I suppose through trial and error I could figure it out, but I think some one who has done this could save me a lot of time. I never seem to have enough time at the computer to do all the things I want anyway.

Thanks for your help.

Kris

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4013 (20090416) __________

http://www.eset.com