so will the goldwave he has.
somewhere there is a conversion utility in goldwave to resample and convert from one format to another.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray" <rays-h...@raynetbrm.plus.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 12:25 PM
Subject: Re: Converting from mono to stereo?

Personally I think you just have to go with the quality the file has.

I haven't time to look now, but something like NCH switch converter may in
fact convert the file from mono to dual channel mono or stereo.

This said, I'd have thought Sound Forge 8 which you've got will do the job
about as good as anything would.

Ray.

Larry wrote:
Yes, that certainly is true, Bruce. Unfortunately, in this instance, I don't
see any way around it. I wonder though... would there be less quality lost
if i first convert the file to wav, save it as stereo and then convert it
back to MP3 which is the format I need it to be in when uploading? Or would
that just be spinning my wheels for no good purpose?

Larry

Larry Naessens

Vinylguy Café
...a burn above the rest
At Vinylguy Café, we turn old records and tapes into brand new CDs that you
can listen to for a lifetime. Visit us at www.vinylguycafe.com. We welcome
all of your enquiries by Skype or email. Before sending us your media,
please contact us for important shipping instructions.

Email: vinylguyc...@gmail.com
SkypeMe: Vinylguy45