Hi George,

The latest release of Audacity is 1.3.8 which came out at the end of the last
week. Although a small number of people have had problems installing it on XP,
the developers are working on the problem, and there is a temporary fix if
needed. There's a new version of the Jaws guide which someone else referred to,
and it's available at:
http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/Audacity-1.3.8-Guide.html

If you've got a recording which you want to save as separate tracks, then you
could do something like this:

Make sure the track is selected (enter toggles the selection). Press home to
make sure you're at the beginning of the track. Then go round the following
loop:
1. Press P to play, and then press ] at the point where you want the track
segment to end, and then spacebar to stop the playback.
2. There's now audio selected, and you can save this by choosing Export
selection from the file menu.
3. After the export, press right arrow which deselects the current selection
and moves the cursor to the end of that selection, so that you're ready to go
round the loop again.

Note that several ways of moving the cursor and refining which audio is
selected are given in the guide.

David.