the way I would do this is to make a master file with the tones and spacing of the tones in it. then I would copy the left channel to a new file altogether. in another file again, I would add one second of silence to the beginning of the new file. copy this file to the clipboard. go back to the file that has the tones in the left channel paste the contents into the right channel of this file and save the file. this should give you the results you want.
if anyone has another suggestion feel free to elaborate.
----- Original Message ----- From: "M BROWN" <mbrown...@btinternet.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 13, 2009 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: For Robert Logue

I am trying to make a file that will give me a tone in each ear piece in an alternating fashion. For example. a 1 second tone followed by a 1 second silence in one ear piece. In the other ear piece the reverse would be true, a 1 second silence followed by a 1 second tone.
Martin
----- Original Message ----- From: "robert Doc Wright" <talmi...@wrightplaceinc.net>