Thanks for your advice Robert. I have done what you indicated; namely creating
two separate files, and then bringing them together. However, this latter part
is where I have ran into a problem. The two files merge, and as a result, I
just get a constant tone in one ear piece. Another helpful member on a
different list has given me very precise instructions on how to achieve what I
am trying to do with a programme called Audacity. Again, my problems in
producing the audio file I am after is probably my lack of experience. In this
latter case, I am not sure how to move between tracks in order to select that
audio track in order to manipulate it in the way indicated. Furthermore, the
instructions tell me to pan one track to the left and the other to the right.
Only problem is, that within Audacity, I can find no menu item referring to pan
either left or right.
Thanks for your help Bob.
Martin