yes, mute the microphone in the playback section (the main section is playback or output) of soundvol32
hth
bb
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew_2010" <matthew_2...@charter.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 11:37 AM
Subject: Problem with Mic routing input to speakers

Hi all,

I have a very confusing problem I'm hoping someone on here will help me sort out. I have a plantronics headset that I want to use with Skype. This headset has 2 1/8th inch plugs for headphones and mic. When I plug in the mic into my sound card and do not plug in the headphones, I'm getting my microphone voice sent through my computer speakers. I'm in effect amplifying my voice which I do not want to do. What can I do to not hear my voice coming out of my external speakers? Is there a windows sndvol32 setting I'm not configuring properly?

Matthew