To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with Mic routing input to speakers

Sorry didn't know you were recording, should've figured it out but I don't pay attention. In voulume control you have your playback meters and your recording meters. When you first open the program soundvol32 starts at the output or playback mode. All of the sliders and checkboxes in this pane relate to output. For example if you mute the master slider your sounds disappear, or microphone, cd audio... Anyway when you go to the options menu and properties you'll find a radio button in that box to show playback (output) and record (input). When you select the input radio button and tab to the ok button the window will look similar but these sliders affect your input. Instead of a mute checkbox here we have a select checkbox. So you make sure microphone is selected. Now when you mute it from the playback window again by options and properties you can mute the microphone for output but have it slected for recording. I hope that helps and sorry if I'm a bit verbose I don't know your level of computer use.
take care
bb