From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Ray
Sent: 11 September 2009 10:58
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: RE: More on the new Ipod Touch

RayAmie, I won't say much on this as I've never used a Mac, an Iphone or an
ITouch.  On the last one, could someone please spare me ferreting around
sites
to find out what an ITouch actually is and what it does?  A sort of
organiser,
maybe?

I get the impression for these things to be available the hosteing hardware
must be running some version of OS X embedded within it.  So, if I'm right,
then other equipment using screen interaction but not running OS X won't be
any more usable than now.

I know Amie and others feel stronly about our lack of access to audio
equipment which is screen driven of course, but I'm not sure if this is
going
to be the way that gets solved.

We're going to see much heated argument I don't doubt along the lines of
touch/gesture base based approaches vs. traditional keyboard driven ones
which
dominate the Windows world.

Ray.

Amie Slavin wrote:
This sounds amazing!  I wonder if it's the future of all screenreaders,
especially for mini gadgets?  This sounds like equal access.
Thanks for letting us know.
Amie