Gary, the blind will write email the same as they do on the iphone.  You put
your finger on the screen and slide it to find the letters or just place your
finger where you think a letter is on the touch screen.  After a while you get
pretty good.  The iphone says for example I  if I is the letter you want you
double tap it or keep your finger on the letter I and tap the screen with
another finger.  Sounds difficult and at first it is but I have gotten pretty
good at hitting the letters I need to hit.  I love my iphone and wouldn't trade
it for anything else.