Hi Dave,

I just created a FLAC file to test this.  I'm not sure what version of
Winamp you're using but I'm using version 5.56 which is currently the
latest version and it played the FLAC file without any problems.  I
didn't need to download a plug-in to play the file, as far as I know
version 5.56 comes with a FLAC plug-in by default.  Below are the
version details of the FLAC plugin that comes with Winamp:

Nullsoft FLAC Decoder Plugin 2.08
(c) 2007-2009 Nullsoft, Inc.
Written by Ben Allison
FLAC 1.2.1