You could connect any kind of recorder, (either digital or tape) to the headphone jack on your amp. Use this method if you like the sound from the headphone jack on the amp. Just be sure to use the line or aux input on the recorder. You could use the microphone input if no line input was available but would have to be sure the output level of the amp was very low in that case and you would risk extra noise and distortion.

Bob

----- Original Message ----- From: "TrueBlue & Proud" <hotsco...@googlemail.com>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 18, 2009 12:20 PM
Subject: recording with AMP?

hi guys, I'm wondering, what would be the best solution for recording through my 20 watt practice AMP?.

I have my Yamaha musical keyboard connected to this Amplifier. through one of the Amps inputs. The Amplifier has a second input for an external source. It also has an ear phone socket, and a Microphone socket.

What I would like to know is, what would be the best way for me to record my keyboarde performances. Something like a tape recorder connected to the Amp, or maybe some kinda digirtal Source?.

How would you achieve this task?,

Billy