From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:03 AM
To: pc-audio@pc-audio.org
Subject: Re: your help wanted re external sound card

Julie,

There are cables that have resistors built into them that can
be used to feed a line level signal into a microphone socket.
 It's been my experience that sometimes they work well and
other times they do not.  You might try to find one at an
electronics store before purchasing a new sound card.  In the
U.S. they cost a couple of dollars.

Tom

** Message From: julie rodaway **