To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 22, 2009 12:49 PM
Subject: Hurricane City on the Mac

Hi everyone. I don't know if Mac-related audio questions are off topic for this list. If so, please forgive me. I have actually tried this question on the Mac Visionaries list with no results, so I am posting it here.

Since very happily switching to the Mac a couple months or so ago, I have been able to do the great majority of audio things I did under Windows, but there is one exception. I follow extreme weather and natural disasters as a hobby. One of my favorite sites for this is www.hurricanecity.com. However, I have not been able to get this site to work on my iMac under Snowy. I know that VLC does play Media Player streams, but it does not seem to pick up Hurricane City, I suppose because of the imbedded player. Is there any way at all that I can listen to this stream on my Mac?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.