To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:10 AM
Subject: Re: Ditgetel Talking Player Revisited

Hello Garry and all others,
In the early 1960's, they introduced transistor record players that had a verriple speed control knob on them. If you sat the mane speed lever to 33 and a third, all you had to do was turn that knob up as high as it would go.
It would play 78 records at that setting.
Slow it down to 16, it would play 45 records.
As for that diamond head needle, there were a few commercial record players that used them
Record players that went as far back as the mid 1930's up to 1989.
They are still sailing these old machines on eBay.
My best regards.
 John.
PS. They were used allot in public schools.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Gary Schindler" <garys5...@comcast.net>