Hi.

Some out there will disagree with me, but that's all right.  I think that
for recording just speech, CD quality is overkill.  Personally I would use
64 KBPS with 44.1 Khz sampling, in mono.  I don't think you'd notice much of
an improvement with higher bit rates, and in fact you might be able to go
even lower, to 32 kbps, but you might notice some artifacts creep into the
picture.

As I said, this is for just speech recording.  Music is a completely
different animal.  I personally use 128 kbps mp3 files at 44k sampling.  I
know it's not CD quality, but I personally like my files at a constant
value, and this sounds good enough for me.

Have a good day, and don't work too hard.

Kevin Minor
kmi...@windstream.net