I'm not sure if this is right, but for voice recordings, maybe it should be 22.5 for sample rate, and 64 KBPS for bit rate. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe" <n3...@hotmail.com>
To: <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2010 2:59 PM
Subject: bit rate and sample rate

Here's an interesting question. I've experimented with a lot of different bit rates and sample rates doing voice recordings but still don't know what combination of the two give good enough quality for speech. I know you need higher rates for music, at least 128KBPS. I'm only talking about voice recordings using a mic at this point. What combination of bit and sample rate will take the least space and give me fair quality speech audio. What should be higher. The bit rate, or the sample rate. I'm talking about MP 3 files. I'd like to get a better understanding of this. Thanks in advance. Joe.