From: "Steve Matzura" <numb...@speakeasy.net>
To: "PC Audio Discussion List" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:12 AM
Subject: Re: How to play .AIF files?

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 03:04:59 +0200, you wrote:

>I know how to get winamp to play aiff files.
>you have to fix this in the prefferences and go to filetypes.

My file types show .AIFF (double f) selected, but when I load one in
Winamp, I get silence, even though it says it's playing.  Now, this
particular file I want to play happens to be 24-bit, not 16.  I will
try it on another machine, but now I'm starting to think maybe the
sound card isn't handling it right.  I can also find other .AIFF files
that I know are able to play on other machines and try them on this
one.  Will report back.