Are you sure the player wasn't playing anything? Did you have a book paused or something?

It could be a defective player. I would definitely report it to your regional library. It may be addressed in a firmware update, and you may not have to replace the player. Either way, NLS needs to know about it if they're going to fix it.

I think the battery indicator is just an approximation. I only ever hear it announce how many hours are left. I never hear anything about how many minutes are left, so hearing that you only have an hour left means you could have quite a bit less than that. I think the reason is shuts itself off before the battery gets totally drained is to protect the battery.

--

Christopher
chalt...@gmail.com