To: "PC Audio" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:29 PM
Subject: Crackling, staticky cound on my laptop

Hi all,

I have an Acer laptop running XP Home, and I'm using Jaws 11 latest build.
Frequently, the sound crackles like a 1920s long-distance call or bad A.M.
radio.

MY IT guy says he installed the latest drivers for the sound card, etc., but the problem persists. I know I could get a USB sound card, but would prefer
not to.

Any ideas?
Joel