From: "Blackwell, Clifford" <cblackw...@cityofmadison.com>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 11:17 AM
Subject: RE: Crackling, staticky cound on my laptop

Even a small battery powered pair of speakers may help if it's the internal
speakers causing the problem.  If it's not the speakers themselves or the
internal connection, it may be a problem with the sound card.

To help maintain the portability of your laptop, you might look at a pair of
small Logictech usb speakers that get their power from the usb port.  I've
seem a number of these on sale at the Logitech site for around $10.

If it's a problem with your sound card and you've gotten the latest drivers,
then you might need to look at an external sound card.  Have you always had
this crackling or has it started recently?  If a recent event, what did you
install around the time you started noticing the problem?  Did you install
the new drivers to get rid of the crackling or did you install them before
the crackling began?