What sound card do you use?

-----Original Message-----
From: pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org [mailto:pc-audio-boun...@pc-audio.org]
On Behalf Of Matthew Bullis
Sent: 20 June 2010 05:59
To: PC Audio Discussion List
Subject: Recording What you Hear in Windows 7?

    Hello, since I can't figure out the layout or configuration of the
options in Windows 7, and since my sound card supports the what you hear
option in XP but apparently not in Windows 7, I'm wondering if Total
Recorder or Replay AV will take care of the what you hear option for me?
Usually when I need to record using the what you hear or stereo master
functions, I would just select that option and then record with Sound Forge.

However, since this isn't possible in Windows 7 that I've found, does Total
Recorder or Replay AV let me record using this option built into either
program? For instance, if I'm recording the output of my screen reader to a
file, or the playing of a stream, does either program just simply record the

audio that comes out of the sound card, or does it actually record internet
streams only? I don't need this option very often, but when I do, I'd like
to be versed in how to use it. I'd like to learn it before I have to rush a
project and have to learn quickly.
Thanks a lot.
Matthew