You mentioned SD disks.  Do you mean SD disks or SD cards?
-- Currently in Lansing Michigan , Wind: "Okay, who stopped the payment on my reality check?" Created by Weather Signature v1.32 . http://www.weathersig.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Chaltain" <chalt...@gmail.com>
To: "'PC Audio Discussion List'" <pc-audio@pc-audio.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 4:48 PM
Subject: RE: SDHC card question

I never knew there even was a write protect tab on SD cards! Using Bing, I
found the following web site
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080118142914AAzkjb3 and
information

(ANS) SD Micro adapters or SD disk's are exactly the same as the old 3.5inch
floppy disks. Every SD disk comes with a tiny write protection switch or
tab.
IF you hold the SD disk in front of you face up with the makers name upper
most.

The write protection tab or notch, should be found on the edge of the disk
near the top. By default when you buy a new SD disk the write protection is
turned off. And the Tab on the edge should be in the "Up" position, this
means write protection is OFF. Meaning data can be read from the disk &
written
back to the disk, provided its not full up.

IF the notch is pushed into the "down" position then this means that write
protection is enabled (turned on), and thus no data can be written back to
the
disk even if there is enough space remaining.

I hope this helps. I've never done anything with the write protect tab
myself, so I don't know how good these instructions are.

--
Christopher
chalt...@gmail.com